With the weather finally warming up a bit and the first flowers in bloom, spring is finally here, and many homeowners are starting to compile their spring cleaning checklists. Since you are already preparing for a big clean, it can be helpful to implement a few special pest prevention methods into your routine. After all, spring is the prime season for many pests, including ants, moths, bees, wasps and termites. With that in mind, here are six helpful and easy spring cleaning tips to help you avoid needing pest removal in Rochester, NH:
- Keep it sealed: Pests can easily sneak in through the exterior cracks in your home, and move around more easily thanks to interior cracks. This spring cleaning season, make an effort to seal all these cracks, or hire a professional to do it for you. It’s a small price to pay compared to pest removal in Rochester, NH.
- Proper ventilation: Ventilation helps keep your air quality high, but it can also serve as a welcoming space for pests if you do not properly care for your vent system. Make sure your vents are cleaned out early and often, and give them an especially good cleaning this spring. Keeping your ventilation system running will also help to deter pests.
- Vacuum often: This one is more of a year-round cleaning tip than a spring cleaning one, but we cannot stress enough how helpful and important vacuuming is when it comes to pest prevention. If you do not currently vacuum at least once a week, try to develop the habit this spring, so that you can get rid of crumbs that might attract unwanted visitors.
- Clean your pantry: Spring cleaning is when you get into every corner and crevice of your home, so of course it is the perfect opportunity to clean out your pantry. Make sure all crumbs are gone, but also take advantage of the chance to clear it out, making the effort to get rid of anything that has been left opened but untouched for months.
- Eliminate crumbs: Beyond the pantry, make sure your kitchen in general is fully cleaned and does not have any crumbs in the corner that might be enticing to ants and other pests. If dirty dishes tend to easily pile up in your sink, try making a family chore chart to ensure that someone is always on top of the mess.
- Pick up pet food: Finally, a good year-round tip that you can implement this spring cleaning season is to make sure your pet food is not left out to lure in pests. Pick up your pet food and put it away at night, and try not to feed your pets outside, even if the weather is nice.
Following these six simple tips should help reduce your risk of attracting pests this spring. For more advice and help with pest removal in Rochester, NH, please reach out to the team at Dependable Pest Solutions anytime. We cannot wait to hear from you!