Nobody wants to think about flea removal in Rochester, NH. We get it: they’re annoying, disgusting and just a huge inconvenience in general. But as a business that provides flea removal in Rochester, NH, we also know that there are plenty of people out there who wish they knew more about fleas and flea removal before having to deal with it themselves.
During the summer months, an uptick in flea infestations is inevitable, especially for those of us with furry pets. But arming yourself with knowledge and a few household items will go a long way in helping you recognize the signs of fleas when it’s still early, contain the infestation and get rid of them as quickly and easily as possible.
Recognize the signs
You can’t get rid of fleas until you know you have them, and the sooner you recognize them, the better. Here are a couple of the most common signs of flea infestations.
- Pets: This is a fairly well-known sign of flea infestations, but it’s worth repeating: if you notice your dog, cat or other furry friend itching or grooming themselves more than usual, you should act fast to make sure the flea infestation doesn’t spread to your entire house.
- Dirt: Adult flea feces, slightly more palatably known as flea dirt, is another tell-tale sign that you have fleas in your house. Flea dirt is dark, coarse and can resemble fresh-ground pepper. It most commonly shows up on bedding, floors and in your pets’ fur.
Prepare for removal
Once you’ve determined that you likely have a flea problem, it’s best to call a professional flea removal service to deal with the problem for you. However, there are a few steps you can take to make the job quicker and easier for the professionals.
- Clean: This is the big one: to make the removal process go smoothly and greatly reduce the risk of fleas returning to your home, you’ll want to give it a good, thorough cleaning. Vacuum your furniture and carpet, wash your pets’ bedding and other objects in hot water, clean your sheets and dispose of your vacuum bag outside of your house in a tight container. When it comes to cleaning and fleas, there’s no such thing as going too far.
- Treat pets: Treating your home for flea removal won’t accomplish anything if you don’t also treat your flea-infested pets. Your best move is to take them to a veterinarian, but if you can’t do that right away, there are over-the-counter medicated shampoos you can buy at any pet supply store.
- Tidy your yard: An area that some might not think of is your property’s outdoor space. If your pets frequently play in your front or backyard, you’ll want to get rid of their outdoor toys, and have the flea removal service spray those areas as well.
Once you’ve taken these measures into account, please feel free to call Dependable Pest Solutions for flea removal in Rochester, NH that’s affordable, dependable and effective.