Do you suspect you have rodents in your house, but aren’t entirely sure? The signs of rodents can be tough to spot if you don’t know what you are looking for. The following tips can help you identify whether you have a rodent problem and need to call for rodent control in Rochester, NH to eliminate them from the premises:
- Strange noises: The easiest way to know if you have a rodent problem in your home is if you actually see them, but this can be difficult to detect, as most rodents become active at night. Listening for odd noises coming from your walls, attic or basement may indicate that you have a problem that needs rodent control in Rochester, NH. You will hear scratching, clawing or gnawing noises from these pests inside your home, and a pest removal service should be called immediately to avoid an infestation.
- Droppings: Looking for droppings from rodents in your home is another way that you can detect whether they are present. You will most often find these droppings in the areas where they are active and are looking for food. Check your cabinets, pantry and small, nook-like areas in your home where they can hide. Inspect the droppings to see how fresh they are, as this will give you a good indication of how long the rodents have been active in your home.
- Urine stains: In addition to droppings, you will want to inspect for urine spots inside your home. You will need a fluorescent light to pick up these stains and detect for rodent urine, but this will help indicate if it is present. When urine is present on walls, floors or cabinets, call for rodent control in Rochester, NH to get them out of your house fast.
- Runway trails: As rodents work their way around your home, they create a runway. They use this same pathway to forage for food and water, as well as get back to their nest. They leave their scent along this trail so they can easily find their way over and over again. It is difficult to see runways inside a home, as there isn’t grass to flatten like the outdoors. You can also look for areas outside that have disturbances where a rodent is leaving a runway trail.
- Rub marks: Along the runway paths on walls and stairs, you may notice rub marks where the rodent is making their path. Because the fur of a rodent is greasy, it rubs off on the walls and leaves marks that are visible to you if inspected Fresh grease marks mean the rodents are still present in your home, and you will need professional rodent control in Rochester, NH to get rid of them.
Identifying the signs of rodents in your home can help you to become more aware of their presence and take action toward removing them with rodent control in Rochester, NH before they become an infestation and take over your home. Contact Dependable Pest Solutions when you see signs of rodents inside your home or business, and we will get them out quickly!