Seeing an insect in your home can be troublesome, and can even cause confusion for those who spend countless hours each week cleaning the house from top to bottom. Unfortunately, pests are both resourceful and resilient, which is why your local pest removal company in Rochester, NH is here to tell you about seven things that you may not have known about pests and the ways they enter your home:
- Pests will infiltrate clean kitchens: Even the most spotless kitchen can fall prey to pest infestations. Insects are just as drawn to moisture and warmth as they are to food debris, so if your home is particularly humid or damp throughout, you will want to have the problem corrected so that your kitchen is less attractive to invading pests.
- Insects can travel: Certain insects can travel on luggage, furniture or clothing, and if you were recently somewhere that was infested, you could be bringing those same pests right into your living space. Always be sure to inspect your luggage thoroughly before bringing it inside after you return from a trip.
- Exterminators can’t do it alone: Even after pests have been removed from your home, you will have to do your part to ensure that a repeat infestation doesn’t occur. Make sure to follow up on all of the directions an exterminator may give you, such as fixing a screen in the window or keeping the garage door closed.
- Be wary of over-the-counter products: It is common for homeowners to overuse over-the-counter products in an attempt to rid their home of pests more quickly. In reality though, these treatments can actually end up causing problems for the exterminators and the baits they lay down.
- No pests in sight doesn’t mean no pests at all: The only way to stay ahead of shelter-seeking pests in the winter is to take preventative measures. Make sure to seal up any cracks that exist, both on the exterior and interior of your home, add weather stripping to all doors and add insect screens in areas that small pests can slip through.
- Hiring the right exterminator: In the long run, it will be well worth taking the time to research and find the best exterminator to work with. Seek out pest removal experts that have a verifiable track record and have the certifications and credentials needed to exterminate pests in your home.
- Let your neighbors know about an infestation: If you live in an apartment building and are dealing with an infestation, your proximity to your neighbors could potentially put their units at risk as well. If you have a confirmed infestation, make sure you alert all of those around you so they can ensure their apartments have not also been affected.
Pest removal in Rochester, NH can be more complex than it seems, and you will need the help of a highly trained exterminator to tackle any infestations in your home. With our in-depth knowledge of common household pests and the entry points they tend to use, you can rely on our team at Dependable Pest Solutions to make sure your house is clear now, and will stay that way in the future. To ensure your home is pest-free, give us a call to schedule your appointment today.