If you own or are in charge of a business, then you know how much work goes into making the operation successful. There are employees to manage, customers to please, books to keep and inventory to track, so the last thing you want on your plate is the threat of a nasty pest infestation. You don’t want to have to worry about pest control, but you also cannot have critters running around workspaces or the salesroom floor. Commercial pest control comes with strict regulations attached, which is why hiring a professional who specializes in commercial pest control services is a must.
Whether your building is currently pest free or you’ve noticed signs of critters on the premises, you should know how to protect your business. Read on for pest prevention tips from an experienced provider of pest control services in Rochester, NH:
- Clean, clean, clean: Leaving a trail of food crumbs and stickiness is the fastest way to attract pests like rodents and ants to your business building. Make sure your establishment is cleaned frequently, especially if you have a kitchen, common area or food items on site. In fact, consider removing perishable items from the kitchen at the end of each day. In addition to regular cleanings, plan to deep clean kitchens and food storage spaces once a month to keep pests away.
- Keep doors and windows closed: No matter the type of business you run, keep all doors and entryways closed as much as possible. Rodents and insects are fast and can come through open doors undetected. Really keep this in mind during the colder months, when rodents and other pests are in search of warmth and sources of food.
- Inspect deliveries: Be sure to perform a thorough check of the containers and boxes that shipments, packages and even small deliveries arrive in. Be on the lookout for the signs of pest presence, including chewed holes in boxes, animal size scratch marks, rodent droppings and urine smells. Identifying any of these signs is crucial to avoiding a pest infestation inside your office or commercial facility.
- Have a team meeting: Do you hold daily, weekly or monthly team meetings? This is a good time to go over the importance of all the aforementioned tips to protect your business from pests. If you have to, leave notes on doors and windows as reminders to keep them closed, and in the kitchen to promote cleanliness. Another thing you can do is send out email reminders or include this information in the office newsletter.
- Hire a professional: Ultimately, there is only so much you and your team can do to prevent pest infestations. Should pests make an appearance in your place of business, don’t wait long to call a professional commercial pest control service. A pro can offer pest inspections, pest extermination and ongoing pest control options.
Dependable Pest Solutions is among the best and most reliable pest control services in Rochester, NH. Call us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about what we can do for your business!