It may surprise you to discover that the allergies plaguing your household may be caused by more than just pollen in the air. In fact, there is a documented relationship between common household pests and difficulty breathing. The issues caused by these nefarious little critters can be especially problematic for children. If untreated, certain home invaders can cause respiratory problems so severe that they eventually turn into asthma.
That’s why it’s so important to ensure that you’re using the best pest control in Rochester, NH. Read on to learn more!
The usual suspects
The three most common types of asthma-inducing pests are:
- Cockroaches. Far and away the most common pest plaguing a typical family, cockroaches have proven to increase the possibility of respiratory difficulty in children. Those odds increase exponentially if one of the child’s parents has had asthma-related issues in the past.
- Dust mites. You don’t have to be a scientist to understand the link between dust and allergy symptoms. What most people fail to remember, however, is that your symptoms are coming not from the dust itself, but from the microscopic mites that feed on dirt and dead skin cells. Most people are allergic to these little critters, which can make them fierce year-round adversaries for those people battling respiratory issues.
- Rodents. Having a furry little pest in your home is bad enough, but the problems can become infinitely worse if you or someone in your home has an allergy to rats or mice. It’s a much more common allergen than you might think!
There is an array of common household pests that can play havoc on your allergies and even trigger asthma in specific individuals. Your best bet for ensuring that your home is 100 percent free of unwanted pests is to enlist a highly-rated provider of pest control in Rochester, NH.
Mitigate the Problem
There are several ways to help lower the odds that your home will become the target of allergy-inducing pests. Here are a couple of steps you can take on a day-to-day basis:
- Clean your home regularly. Sure, pulling out the vacuum and broom is no one’s idea of a good time, but if dust is hard to come by, dust mites will be few and far between.
- Don’t leave food containers open. Rats and mice flock to poorly -fastened bags and long-forgotten plates.
- Keep dirty dishes in the sink. Clean your sink out regularly, and make sure that you don’t leave dirty glasses, plates or bowls around the house.
- Make sure plumbing issues are fixed ASAP. Certain household pests love moist environments where they can raise their young.
- Store items in plastic tubs. Cardboard boxes are not only easy to chew through, they’re also the perfect dry, warm home for pests of every stripe.
Already suffering from an infestation?
If you’re caught in the midst of a pest problem, you can rely on Dependable Pest Solutions for high-quality pest control in Rochester, NH. We have countless satisfied customers who are breathing a little easier thanks to our talented team of highly trained professionals.
When you find your home invaded by unwanted critters, just call the team at Dependable Pest Solutions. We can’t wait to help you out!