No matter how pristine you keep your home or business, there’s no guarantee that insects, rodents and other pests will never invade. When you first notice an invasion, you should call a professional pest control company, but there are also some key steps you need to take before and after their visit. Cleaning up bugs is no one’s idea of a good time, but it can save you the time and expense of another professional visit to your Rochester, NH home.
Before pest control comes
While you’re waiting for your pest control company to arrive at your property, here are a few simple steps you should take to make their visit as efficient and productive as possible:
- Give the professionals proper access: Any large pieces of furniture blocking access to the corners of your home will need to be moved.
- Handle your clothes and furniture: Soft items like clothes, linens, rugs, cushions, pillows and stuffed animals should be wrapped in plastic and stored away in cabinets, plastic totes or other sealed areas. Empty your bathroom and protect your jewelry, makeup, toothbrush and other toiletries.
- Get your kitchen and trash ready: Take out the trash, clear off your counters, store small appliances and store all food in thick plastic containers. (Rodents can chew through thin plastic and foil.) Your fridge will need to be unplugged, so finish off all perishables.
- Keep your pets safe: Store away all of Fido’s bedding, toys and other accessories, then consider getting them a flea and tick treatment as well as boarding them during the treatment.
- Protect your décor and plants: Your plants and wall décor probably won’t like the pest control treatment, so be sure to cover or move them accordingly.
After pest control comes
Cleaning up after pest control treatment in Rochester, NH isn’t fun, but you need to do it in order to prevent re-infestation. The most important thing to do is wait until the designated time period has elapsed to return home and put everything back in order—you need to give the treatment time to do its job.
You won’t need to deep clean immediately, but you should make a few adjustments to prevent re-infestation. Avoid leaving out food and paper (which will attract pests), and use disposable gloves the first time you touch any surface that has been sprayed.
Finally, you’ll need to continue checking for pests for about a week after the treatment, and if you find any (even dead ones), clean them up immediately. Dead pests can attract their living counterparts, so be sure to check all those corners and dark spaces where critters might lurk.
With extra care and consideration, you’re sure to make the most of your pest control treatment, and maybe even guarantee that you’ll never have to call for help again!
Book a professional pest control appointment today
Dependable Pest Solutions is your go-to pest control company in Rochester, NH. Our quick, safe, EPA-approved pest removal services are guaranteed to get your home or business back to normal in no time. We can handle any type of insect or rodent invasion, and you’ll love our affordable rates. Call today to learn more about our range of services.