Warmer weather and longer days mean one thing: spring is in the air. Spring and summer are perfect for family cookouts and spending time in your backyard. Unfortunately, nuisance animals in Rochester, NH also enjoy the beautiful weather, and their presence can put a damper on your day. Keep reading to learn how you can prepare your backyard to keep those pests out:
- Clear hiding areas: Part of spring lawn maintenance should include picking up debris like sticks and leaves from the yard. On top of improving your property’s appearance and facilitating plant growth, this chore eliminates hiding areas for a variety of rodents. Additionally, mow your lawn frequently to reduce breeding grounds for mosquitoes and other insects.
- Hang bird feeders strategically: Hanging bird feeders is a great way to attract pretty songbirds to your property. Unfortunately, these bird feeders can quickly turn into a buffet for squirrels. Be sure to hang your bird feeders at least eight feet off the ground to prevent leaping squirrels from feasting on the seeds.
- Spray animal repellants: Applying an animal repellant in Rochester, NH is a surefire way to deter pests from hanging around your backyard. Spray repellants on your bird feeders, shrubs, flowerbeds, garbage cans and anywhere else you want to protect.
- Set up a physical barrier: A mesh fence set up around flowerbeds and shrubs can keep critters from feeding on your plants. Just be sure to inspect the barrier for any signs that rodents have been gnawing or scratching at the mesh.
- Call a professional: Finally, bring in a pro to treat your lawn. A pest control professional can perform all of the work above to ensure your property is free and clear of critters. Your specialist can also remove any pests if they’re already present.
Why choose Dependable Pest Solutions?
Hiring a pest control company is essential for getting your yard ready for spring, but you can’t choose just anyone. Here are the reasons our customers call Dependable Pest Solutions to handle their pest removal needs:
- Safe and effective treatments: Spraying an animal repellant in Rochester, NH is crucial in defending your lawn, but we don’t want to harm your pets or children in the process. While effective in guarding against pests, all of our preventative treatments are non-toxic for humans and pets.
- Quick response time: You can’t be waiting around for a pest control specialist to arrive at your home—especially if the nuisance animal is already on-site. We’ll arrive promptly after you call and take care of your pest problem as soon as possible.
- Competitive pricing: Though they’re important, there’s no need to overpay for pest control services. When you choose our team, you can rest easy knowing that you’re getting a great deal on quality service!
Now is the perfect time to start preparing your yard for spring and summer. Give our team a call and let us help out! Regardless of the nuisance animals on your Rochester, NH property, you can count on us to remove them and prevent them from returning.